Meal Plan – Mom and Child
Eating healthy sure restricts your diet, and sometimes you feel like you are repeating the same menu every other week. This sometimes also leads to eating unhealthier food for a change of taste. Sure, we understand how taking care of your own, and your child’s diet can further restrict the allowed food items, but believe us it is not that hard. Healthy diet does not include veggies and fruits only. So, all you need to figure out is how to diversify your menu and understand the diet that you need to provide for yourself and your kid. Which is why we are here for you!
Foods to Eat
Most of the kids are picky eaters, and it is the job of moms to take care of their diet and provide them with healthy food. At a young age there are some specific nutrients and minerals which are crucial for your body’s growth, so here is a list of items which are high in fiber, low in fat, contain iron, calcium, vitamins and other minerals that a child, as well as a mother, needs in their body:
- Fat-free or low-fat Milk
- Low-fat or lean meat
- Dairy products
Following the above healthy diet will help you and your kids to avoid high-fat and high-calorie foods which can cause childhood obesity or other health issues. It sure will require some time, but spice up the things a bit by making some tasty and fancy meals out of these items and your children will soon stop asking for burgers and French fries for every dinner.
Food to Avoid
There are some food items which are not good for your health or that of your child:
- Avoid adding flavorings to the milk as it makes it less healthy by adding too much calories or sugar
- High-fat or fried meats such as nuggets, fish sticks, corn dogs, bacon, sausage, bologna, hot dogs. You can have them at most once a week.
- Carbonated drinks or fruit punches that are not 100% fruit juice.
- Fast food, such as burgers, fries, pizza, etc. You can make a healthier version of such items at home.
- Sweets, chocolates, cakes, junk food, etc. Such items can be eaten once in a while.
- High-fat oils
Encourage your kids to do physical activities along with this meal plan, and they are sure to stay healthy and keep their body fit.